In advance of your surgery, please log onto our Pre-Admission Registration site by simply clicking on the underlined link. Please complete as directed any medical history and medication reconciliation questions. This will allow us to collect all information pertinent to your health and any medical conditions prior to surgery so we may provide you the best care possible.
For any questions concerning your Pre-Registration please contact us at 321-729-9493.
Our Pre-Admission Health History Nurse(s) will call you prior to your surgery to collect any additional information or clarification on any health conditions listed once we have received the procedure booking information from your surgeon.
Our Pre-Admission Nurse(s) will contact you the day before your surgery, review special instructions, provide necessary arrival time for your procedure and answer any questions you may have. If you have not received a call by 5:30 p.m. the day before your surgery or have additional questions please contact us at 321-729-9493. Calls are generally made between 4 p.m. and 6:00pm once the surgery schedule has been approved by your surgeon the day before.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
The night before your surgery you may eat a light meal before 11:00 p.m. Do not drink or eat anything after midnight—not even coffee or water. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
Pain patients may have clear liquids –no dairy, cream or fats– six (6) hours prior to your procedure IF you are having sedation.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 321-729-9493 as soon as possible.